Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: How can I get involved with PWSO?
There are different ways! Be an athlete. Be a volunteer (or coach). Be a supporter. See below for more information.
Q2: What do I have to know and do to be an athlete?
- have an identified special need (developmental or cognitive)
- adaptive sports at all levels, no prior knowledge or experience of the sport is necessary
- the sports are not lessons, but adaptive exposure and practice that can lead to competition
- FREE to all athletes to participate
- builds teamwork, socialization, and FUN
- open to ages 8 years and up (ages 2 – 7 yrs coming soon)
- required before participation: signed registration, release medical form
Q3: What do I have to know to be a volunteer or coach?
- opportunities to help or partner with athletes at sport practice or help with competitions or support leadership or just cheer on the athletes
- volunteers pick their days and times (no standardized commitments)
- great for those needing service hours
- volunteers can be middle school age and up
- required for all volunteers and coaches: background/ID check that goes with sign up
- coaches: Adult volunteers, preferably with experience, who can commit to the season and minimal online training
Q4: What do I have to know to be a supporter?
Individual or group community, organizational and corporate donors and sponsors, contact us for mutual opportunities!